Does your child need some guidance, someone to talk to or a positive influence? We’ve got you covered.
The mentors, or Bigs as we like to call them, at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeast Michigan are ready to be all of those things… and more. For 30 years, due in-large part to private donations, we’ve been able to recruit, screen, match and support mentoring relationships that have changed the lives of thousands of young people across Southeast Michigan — one match at a time.
You’ll see the impact of a match just as much as your child.
A study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that kids matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident.
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol.
- do better in school.
- get along better with their family and friends.
- feel better about themselves.
The benefits of being a part of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeast Michigan are life-long, as we aim to make an impact on their futures, for a lifetime.
We enroll children that:
- Are between 7-16 years of age,
- Live in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, and Wayne Counties,
- Want and Need a Mentor!
- If you live outside of these 4 counties in Michigan – click here to enter your zip code and find your local Big Brothers Big Sisters Agency.